Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My All Time Favorite Rejection

News flash! This week I received my all time favorite rejection. According to my records, I'd sent my manuscript to this particular publisher in October 2005--a mere 3+ years ago. By now, I had assumed that my story had somehow found its way into their recycle bin without my being notified. But, amazingly enough, I was wrong!

Just this week, I received it back with a rejection letter explaining that they couldn't see a place for it on their list. I actually laughed out loud.  Ha! I thought to myself. Who cares about you and your list? I don't. That's for sure.

Although nowadays, most rejections aren't devastating for me, this particular one was a pure joy. Why? I'd just gotten a book contract offer for that same story from another publisher. And the editor had told me they all loved it. 

I savored the moment to the fullest. I wouldn't have thought that a rejection could actually make my day. But this one definitely did!


No comments:

Post a Comment